- Category: Join
- Last Updated on October 26, 2015
Who is a Co-Laborer in Messiah?
A Co-Laborer in Messiah (CLIM) is a trained volunteer who represents Jews for Jesus in his or her community.
Who Can Become a Co-Laborer in Messiah?
This program is designed for any evangelical believer, Jewish or Gentile who:
- is burdened to reach Jewish people for Y'shua (Jesus)
- is supportive of the Jews for Jesus organization and its methods of outreach
- completes the application process
- satisfactorily completes a one week training (and passes a written test)
What Does a Co-Laborer in Messiah do?
Each CLIM has a unique ministry. The tasks are as varied as the people involved. CLIMs select their own sphere of activity within the Jews for Jesus guidelines and according to their individual talents, interests and personalities.
Some CLIMs prefer to work quietly behind the scenes making phone calls, mailing free literature to inquirers, supplying local bookstores with our materials, praying for our ministry, monitoring news media.
Other CLIMs might have a more public ministry like speaking in churches, conducting bible studies, hosting Jewish holiday celebrations, handing out broadside gospel tracts, providing hospitality for traveling Jews for Jesus staff.
These are just a few of the many opportunities available!
What does training consist of?
The training is one week in the summer and includes such topics as:
- Jewish Evangelism
- Jewish Attitudes Toward Christianity
- The Jewish Community Today
- Jews for Jesus and The Church
- How To Give a Ministry Talk
- How To Develop a Local Support Team
- Creative Ideas For Your Ministry
Most of the instruction takes place in a classroom setting with different speakers. Class hours are from 9:00-5:00 p.m. with breaks for lunch and dinner. How to do street evangelism with an opportunity to put it into practice is included.
Location: New York City 2016
Date: August 14-20, 2016
How Do You Become a Co-Laborer in Messiah?
To find out more, please contact:
Co-Laborer in Messiah Coordinator
Email by visiting this link
Tel: 415-864-2600 x 1159
Know more about CLIM updates and activities through the Shtickel newsletter. Now online!